Wednesday 31 August 2016

Welcome Home

Dear Friends and supporters

Yesterday I attended my first Barnet_Unison reps meeting in six months due to my unfortunate ‘breakdown’ in February this year.

I was a little nervous, but they played this short video at the start of the meeting. I remember this song from “Opportunity Knocks”.


The reps and office staff really made me welcome. I am so proud to have had the honour and privilege to play a part in the fightbacks our members have been waging in the face of a relentless ideology to outsource all of our council services here in Barnet.

The meeting was as usual full of critical issues, we got down to some serious business to deal with mass outsourcing, pay & grading, and messages of support for DurhamTAs, DerbyTAs, and DPAC just to name a few.

I love my branch.

Solidarity


No comments:

Post a Comment